What is CTS-2010 compliant cheque book?
CTS (Cheque Truncation System) 2010 compliant cheque book are aimed to enhance customer safety and facilitating easier processing.
As per RBI guidelines, now all banks in India have to issue cheques conforming to the CTS 2010 standards with uniform features across.
Identification signs in CTS-2010 compliant cheque Book in India
- The word “CTS 2010” is printed on the left hand side near the perforation
- Date space is in check box format
- Rupee symbol is mentioned in the space where the amount in numbers needs to be mentioned
- “Please sign above this line” has been mentioned next to signature section
- Void pantograph.
Benefits of CTS-2010 compliant cheque books
1. Shorter clearing cycles for cheques: The main benefit of CTS-2010 compliant cheque books is – instead of sending the cheque in physical form, an electronic image of the cheque is transmitted to the drawee branch for payment through the clearing house. Thereby speeding up the process of cheque clearance and settlement between banks. There are chances of multi-city cheques getting cleared on the same day, going forward.
2. Reduction in risks associated with physical movement of cheques: With the physical movement of cheques from one bank to another bank having been stopped, there is no fear of loss of cheques and chances of cheques being lost etc.
3. Enhanced security features: With advanced security features like bar codes, encrypted codes, logos, watermarks, holograms, etc in every cheque leaf, it is now possible to detect frauds easily while passing through the electronic imaging system.