Unable to link Aadhaar with PAN? Here is a new simple solution
Linking Aadhaar with PAN, How To Do It Online
IT department has made linking your Aadhaar with PAN number mandatory to file income tax returns. A taxpayer must link their Aadhaar number before June 30, 2017.
But many people are facing issues with Aadhaar linkage mainly due to mismatch in name between Aadhaar and PAN card. Mainly, taxpayer’s initials instead of full name in one or the other document.
PAN Card not linked to Aadhaar will be invalid after December 31, 2017.
Step 1: Login to income tax e-Filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 2: Then go to “Profile setting” tab and click “Link Aadhaar”
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number here and select the option “ENTER NAME AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD”
Now your Aadhaar is successfully linked with your PAN and you will get a confirmation email about the same.
PAN is mandatory for the below transactions
- Purchase and sales of immovable property exceeding Rs 10 lakhs.
- To file your IT returns or to pay your tax dues and to claim any tax refunds.
- You will not able to open any bank account or demand account without PAN.
- Fixed deposits for more than Rs 50,000 or Rs 5 lakh in a year
- Policyholder will have to mention details of his/her PAN card when Life insurance premium exceeds to Rs 50,000 in a year.
- One time bill payment of Rs 50,000 or more in cash in any hotel or restaurant.
- It is mandatory to quote PAN card number while applying for new credit card.
- PAN has to be mentioned if your mutual funds investment exceed the value of Rs 50,000.
Pan Card is one of the most important document nowadays. It is very important for purchasing mutual funds, professional fees and other financial transactions hence it is very important to link your Aadhaar with PAN.