Simple steps to link SBI bank account with Aadhaar
According to the new rules, all your bank accounts including credit cards have to link with Aadhaar by December 31, 2017.
India’s largest bank SBI offers multiple ways to link your SBI Bank Account with Aadhaar.
If you own an SBI account, you can link Aadhaar through SBI ATMs, SBI mobile app, internet banking or by visiting the SBI branch.
1. Link SBI Bank account with Aadhaar by visiting the Branch: SBI customers can visit any SBI branch and get the request form. Fill this form and submit with your Aadhaar card photocopy. The SBI official will verify your information and link your Aadhaar immediately. Also, a confirmation SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number.
2. Link Aadhaar through SBI Internet Banking: SBI customers can also login into SBI netbanking (www.onlinesbi.com) and access the link “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts”.
In the next screen, you have to select the Account number and input the Aadhaar number. The last two digits of your registered mobile number will be displayed to the customer. On successful seeding, a confirmation SMS will be sent to the registered number.
3. Link SBI Bank account with Aadhaar in SBI ATM: Visit any SBI ATM and swipe your ATM card. Next, enter the PIN and select the menu “Service Registrations”. You can now select the Account type and enter your Aadhaar number twice to confirm.
4. Link SBI Bank account with Aadhaar by SMS: Send your Aadhaar number from your registered mobile number in the below format.
UID <Space> Your Aadhaar Number <Space> SBI Bank Account Number to 567676.
If your mobile number is registered with SBI Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation for the same.
5. Link SBI Bank account with Aadhaar using SBI mobile app: Login using your Internet User ID and password and click the “Request” tab. Next, click the “Aadhaar” and tap on “Aadhaar seeding” and finally enter your “Aadhaar number”.
Hope this article is useful guide to link your Aadhaar with SBI account. For further queries leave your questions in the comment section below.
Other useful links:
- How do I link my Aadhaar number to Citibank credit card?
- Various ways to link your Aadhaar Card with HDFC Bank Account
- How to link your Aadhaar with mutual funds on CAMS online?
- How to link the Aadhaar to your NPS account online?