Filing your tax returns has become simple over the years, here we have listed out the simple steps to file your income tax return online
Where everything is done over the computers and internet today, you can also take the advantage of this service to file your income tax and returns. The e-filing of the income tax or the electronic tax filing is a fine system for the submission of the tax documents to a revenue service by the means of electronic system. This system does not require any paper documents and filing can be easily done by the help of electronic means. As a result of the e-filing, the filing of income tax as well as its returns has become very easy and quick.
Forget the paper-work, now income tax return online has become very quick and easy. You only need to keep your bank statement, form 16 as well as a copy of last year’s return ready and you can log on to the concerned website and follow the given steps :
Step 1 – Firstly, you need to register yourself with the concerned website. For this purpose, your permanent account number (PAN card) will serve you as your User ID.
Step 2 – Next, you are required to take a view over your statement of tax credit for the financial year. This said statement will provide the study of the taxes deducted by the employers, deposited with the IT department. As per your form 16, the TDA should tally all the figures given in the form 26AS.
Step 3 – Click on the income tax return forms under the download menu and choose the concerned option for your financial year. You can download the income tax return (ITR) form that is applicable upon you. In case if your exempt income exceeds the amount of Rs. 5000, the proper form for you would be ITR2. If your applicable form is ITR-1 or ITR 4S, you can complete the action on the portal just by using the ‘Quick e-file ITR’ link.
Step 4 – Now you need to open the Return Preparation Software that you have downloaded and proceed towards the completion of the form by taking the use of form 16.
Step 5 – Discover the tax chargeable by clicking on the ‘Calculate Tax’ option. After that, enter all the challan details.
Step 6 – Comply with all the details in the worksheet by making a click on the ‘validate’ tab.
Step 7 – Go ahead to initiate a file of XML and save it on your system.
Step 8 – Go on the ‘upload return’ option and upload the XML file that you have saved after selecting the relevant form. You will be questioned to sign the file digitally. If you have got a digital signature, choose a ‘yes ‘or otherwise a ‘no’.
Step 9 – Once the website flashes a message about a successful e-filing, it means your process is complete. You can download the acknowledgement form once it has been generated.
Step 10 – Lastly, you need to take a printout of the form, sign it with a blue ink and send it to the Income Tax Department via speed-post.
1. Register with the website and make your account using your email address and pan card number.
2. You will be asked to fill some personal information such as your name, father’s name DOB, gender, etc.
3. After that, you need to mention some details in regard to the income sources which would include your salary, other incomes, house properties, capital gains and information in regard to business and profession. These details can be sought from the form 16 that you have obtained from your employer.
4. Thereafter, you need to fetch some details about the deduction process, you can make a claim of deduction exceeding up to Rs. 1 lakhs.
5. You would then need to mention the TDS which was deducted in between the concerned period.
6. Finally, you would need to click on the tax filing tab and then you may e-file your ITR with the concerned website.
If you have any doubts regarding Income tax efiling, kindly leave as comments. We would try our level best to address those.