SBI Life eShield is a non-linked term plan which offers high insurance cover at affordable premiums.
SBI Life eShield is a pure risk protection plan offering instant life insurance cover and accidental death benefits, available for online purchase without any agent intervention.
SBI is aggressively trying to market this product and compete with other top comprehensive term insurance plans like HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plus and ICICI iProtect Smart.
7 key features of SBI Life eShield
- Covers your complete security of your family at a very affordable premium
- It has an easy online process
- There are four plans available, but it lacks bonus facility.
- You can get a benefit option of accidental death if required.
- 10% increase in total sum assure after 5 years
- Discount is available for non-smokers
- Tax benefits under 80C and 10D
SBI Life eShield is an online term plan by SBI life insurance. With attractive premium at high insurance covers it becomes one of the best pure risk cover plan among other companies. The premium is to be paid for policy tenure at the inception of policy. It has 4 variants such as :
1. LEVEL COVER
Total sum assured will be the sum assured at inception of the policy.
2. LEVEL COVER WITH ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFITS
The total sum assured will be the basic sum assured which you have chosen at inception of policy. This is the only policy by SBI life which has an inbuilt rider of accidental death benefits if you face any accident. It will be paid equal to your assured sum.
3. INCREASING COVER
You will get 10% increase in total sum assured after the 5th year without increase in premium. You will get benefits after every 5 years.
4. INCREASING COVER WITH ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFITS
You will get 10% increase in total sum assured after the 5th year without increase in premium. You will get benefits after every 5 years. You will also get Accidental death benefit rider which will be equal to the assured sum.
This is a term plan so you won’t get any benefits on surrender of policy neither there will be any benefits on maturity.
|Age at Entry||Minimum: 18 years||Maximum: For Level Cover & Level Cover with Accidental Death Benefit: 65 years|
|For Increasing Cover & Increasing Cover with Accidental Death Benefit: 60 years|
|Maximum Age at Maturity||70 years|
|Basic Sum Assured||Minimum: Rs. 20,00,000/- Sum Assured would be in multiples of Rs.1, 00,000 only.||Maximum: No Limit|
|Premium Payment term||Same as Policy term|
|Premium Amount||Minimum: Rs. 3,500||Maximum: No Limit|
Key Benefits of SBI Life eShield
1. DEATH BENEFIT
If the insured person dies by the period of the policy (active), the nominee will get the death benefits which is equal to the assured sum. The nominee will receive the Effective sum assured at the time of death of the insured person as the per the plan chosen. At the time of death the nominee will receive Rs. 50 lakhs or the assured sum which is lower.
2. MATURITY BENEFITS
This is a term plan, so there won’t be any benefits at the maturity, no benefits on survival.
3. INCOME TAX BENEFITS
If the paid premium is less than 1,00,000 Rs. then you will enjoy a deduction on tax under section 80C annually.
HOW TO BUY THIS PLAN
It is impossible to buy this plan offline or from an agent as this is an pure online plan.
1. Log on to https://epolicy.sbilife.co.in/eShieldIndex.aspx > select Buy Online.
2. Provide all your personal details.
3. Choose the appropriate plan with the policy term and the sum assured.
4. Fill up all questionnaire on your health information including your family health history.
5. Fill in your nominee details.
6. Make a final check on all information and proceed to make the premium payments online.
7. Finally provide your self-attested KYC/AML documents.
Hope you find above information useful. Kindly share your views and comments about SBI Life eShield Online Term Plan below
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation. The information provided in this website cannot substitute for the advice of a licensed adviser. Hence always consult a qualified Financial professional.