Now open PPF account Instantly online in ICICI Bank
Let us see the procedure to open PPF account online through ICICI Bank within 5 minutes.
Many banks promise to offer you online PPF accounts with as little paperwork as possible. However, ICICI is the first bank in India to introduce an entirely online procedure for opening a PPF account.
What are the prerequisites needed?
- You must have a savings account with ICICI bank with internet banking.
- Mobile number registered with the bank should be active to receive an OTP (one-time password).
- Must have a valid AADHAAR number that is already linked to the savings account or should provide the same at the time of opening the PPF account.
Simple Steps to open PPF account online with ICICI Bank
1. Visit the ICICI internet banking account and log in with your user ID and password.
2. On the top, you will find various options; Click on the option, “My Accounts”.
3. From the list of options that are displayed under this, select the “PPF Accounts”.
4. You will be directed to a screen which shows you the tax benefits and other benefits that you can enjoy with online PPF accounts; click on the “open now” option at the bottom of this screen
5. In the next page, you will be asked to
- Select your savings account from where you want to contribute to your PPF account
- Next, you need to confirm your personal details like PAN, address among others.
- Also, confirm the Initial deposit amount that you wish to contribute.
- Select state and branch where you want to open the account.
6. Click “yes” if you want to add nominees and then select “proceed”.
7. You can choose to give standing instructions if you want (click yes or no as per your preference)
8. Finally, authenticate using your Aadhaar. You need to enter your Aadhaar number followed by the Aadhaar OTP to confirm account opening.
Once submitted, your PPF account is created instantly within a few seconds. You can follow the same procedure for mobile banking as well.