Now link your Aadhaar in income tax website using Scan ID and OTP
Now you can easily link your Aadhaar number with PAN card in income tax e-Filing using Scan ID and OTP
Before linking your link Aadhaar Number and Permanent Account Number in income tax e-filing, the individual has to make sure that all his/her personal data like name, date of birth, age, gender matches the details provided in their PAN card and Aadhaar card.
The Indian government has made it compulsory for all the citizens of India to use Aadhaar Card Number for income tax e-filing. Now all the taxpayers has to link their Aadhaar number along with their PAN Card in order to fill the income tax returns. The linking cannot happen even if any small error in the two cards like full name in PAN and initials in Aadhaar card etc.
For those whose Aadhaar card name spells different from their Pan card can now upload a scanned copy of their Aadhaar card or PAN card (any one) on the income tax e-filing website to link their Aadhaar card and PAN card. Besides that IT department is also planning to introduce One-Time Password (OTP) option, provided that the Date of birth matches in both PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- For linking Aadhar card and PAN card, an individual has to get him/her registered with the income tax e-filing web portal. Unregistered individuals will not be entertained. For registering log on to incometaxefiling.gov.in
- For getting logged in to the income tax e-filing portal, one has to provide their Permanent Account Number as the user ID and password.
- After logging into the portal, a new pop-up window will open asking you to link your Aadhaar with PAN card.
- When you have provided all the details in the pop-up new window, it will be sent to the portal for verification purpose. If the details on your Aadhaar card matches your details on the Permanent Account Number Card, click the LINK NOW button to move forward.
- After clicking the LINK NOW button, it will send to the Income Tax Department for further verification and if the details matches, the individual will get a message saying that their Permanent Account Number and Aadhar Card Number has been successfully linked.
As per the Aadhar Act says; only an Indian citizen is eligible to obtain the Aadhaar card. And those who don’t possess Aadhaar must apply for it in order to link with income e-filing. On the other hand, if the individual’s PAN card details did not match the Aadhaar card details, then he/she has to update either their PAN card or Aadhar card. There are a lot of cases when the name in PAN and Aadhaar card mismatches. In short, some people possess two different names on their Aadhaar and PAN card. This results in having difficulties in linking with income tax e-filing.
The individual has to request for the change in PAN card details. The government of India has provided with the facility of changing your personal details on PAN card both online and offline. The PAN card details changing application costs Rs 107 and net banking, debit/credit card and demand draft option are available for the user for making payment.
The individual can submit an online request regarding a change in Aadhaar information, or one can send it via post. The required document for making changes in the Aadhar varies according to the details that needed to be changed. It means that if an individual has to update or correct his/her name, he/she has to provide with the identity proof. For updating or correcting the Date of Birth, he/she has to provide with the birth certificate.
For updating or correcting the address, he/she has to provide with the address proof. In case of any further issues or doubts, feel free to comment below, we will guide you through the process.