How to withdraw your PF amount online using Aadhaar
Simple steps to withdraw your EPF online using UAN portal
In quest to make EPFO a more subscriber friendly, Employees Provident Fund Organisation has introduced “Online PF withdrawal” using UAN portal. With Online PF withdrawal facility, every PF subscriber can access UAN portal and initiate PF withdrawal without going to EPFO office and even without employer signature.
In fact, PF withdrawal is not an ideal option and as such PF withdrawals are permitted only towards meeting emergent expenses like expenses towards marriage; educational expenses and purchase of plot and construction of house thereon etc.
To withdraw your PF amount online, you need to activate your UAN
Once your UAN is activated, you can easily apply for all withdrawal services.
For that, you need to have
- Registered mobile number with the UAN
- Your PAN and Bank details should be attached to EPFO
- and most importantly your Aadhaar number should be seeded in the UAN.
Step 1: Log into the UAN portal with the UAN number and password.
Step 2: Check your AADHAAR have been updated or not? If not, update your AADHAAR number immediately under Manage -> KYC
Step 3: Next, you’ve to select relevant withdrawal type like Form 19, Form 31 or Form 10C under Online Services tab.
There are three types of withdrawal to apply online like PF Final Settlement (Form – 19) after leaving your service, PF partial withdrawal (Form-31) and Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form – 10C).
Step 4: You need to verify the claim with the Aadhaar OTP received in your registered mobile number. Once you submit, you will get a confirmation copy in PDF format.
EPFO will verify the data and based on that they will process and settle the claim. Once your claim is processed, the PF withdrawal amount will be credited to the employee’s registered bank account.
Points to remember
1. With the Online EPF withdrawal facility, you don’t need to go to employer or EPFO regional office and even you don’t need employer signature.
2. If you don’t have UAN number till now – search it in your PF slip, salary slip etc. If it is not found there, ask your company HR. Then, Activate the UAN number in the EPFO portal and finally link your ADHAAR number with PF number.
3.To check the status of your EPF withdrawal online, visit the UAN portal and click Online Services -> TRACK CLAIM STATUS.
4. In case an employee withdraws his provident fund amount within five years of opening such accounts, he/she is in a position to pay tax on the interest income. It has to be borne in mind that the interest earned on PF amount is free from income tax as per Section 80C of Income tax act.
5. Make sure that your bank account details are present in EPFO database.
6. If the PF withdrawal happens through UAN with Aadhaar and bank account linked, it will reduce the settlement period.
In this post, I have told you the simple way to withdraw EPF online using UAN portal. PF withdrawal is not a tough job nowadays as compared to earlier days and now you can easily withdrawal online in few clicks.
What do you think of new Aadhaar PF claim process? Please share your views and comments below