How to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in HDFC Bank?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is to meet the education and marriage expenses of a girl child.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a deposit scheme exclusively for a girl child under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Campaign to provide financial security for her education and marriage.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana matures only in 21 years or till the marriage of the girl after she turns 18, but partial withdrawal of 50 per cent is allowed after she turns 18 for higher education expenses.
It is currently (FY 2016-17) fetching an interest rate of 8.6 per cent, which is best interest rate among other savings schemes including the PPF account and also it provides income-tax benefit under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened in any authorized post office branch or authorized commercial bank.
In this post, we will see HOW TO OPEN SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI ACCOUNT IN HDFC BANK.
Eligibility for opening Sukanya Samriddhi Jojana
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Jojana can be opened by the natural or legal guardian for a girl child of age below 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened and operate in the name of a girl child, one can’t open more than one account for one girl child.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Jojana can be opened with a minimum deposit of Rs.1,000 and maximum of Rs.1.5 lakhs can be deposited per account every year.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi account can be transferred to any of the bank branches across India that accept Sukanya Samriddhi Account openings.
Documents Required to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Jojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Jojana Account Opening Form (One can get this application for the HDFC branch)
- Birth certificate of the beneficiary girl child.
- Address proof of the depositor like Aadhaar, passport, ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, driving licence.
- Identity proof of the depositor like Aadhaar, PAN card, ration card, driving licence, passport.
Once the account is opened, the depositor is given a passbook from the HDFC bank branch. You can also give standing instructions for automatic credit to Sukanya Samriddhi Account from your saving account.