How to link the Aadhaar to your NPS account online?
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) which manages the NPS scheme has call for the linking of Aadhaar with PRAN under NPS scheme. PFRDA has already advised NSDL and CRA to provide all necessary assistance to the subscribers in linking their Aadhaar card with NPS. Now, NPS subscribers have the option to link their Aadhaar with NPS online. [see also: Steps To Open NPS Account Online Using E-NPS]
How to link the Aadhaar to your NPS account online
- Login into NPS website www.cra-nsdl.com using User ID and password
- Click on “Update Aadhaar/Address Details” under the Menu “Update Details”.
- Select the option “Add/Update Aadhaar Number”.
- Submit your Aadhaar number and click “Generate OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Once OTP Authentication is done, Aadhaar will be linked to your Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN)
- For the government NPS, the NPS and Aadhaar linking process must be authorised online by the respective Nodal Office once it is initiated by the subscriber.
- Registered name in PRAN should exactly match the name in your Aadhaar card. if you need any changes in PRAN card then you have to submit a self-attested PRAN card copy with a self-attested Aadhaar copy.
- You can also link your Aadhaar in NPS account using Mobile App. You need to log into the App with your User ID & password and select the option of ‘Add/Update Aadhaar Number’. Once Aadhaar is entered, an OTP will be sent to the UIDAI registered mobile number to link your Aadhaar number. [See also: New NPS Mobile App To Access Your Account Statement]
Hope this article is useful guide to link your Aadhaar with NPS account. For further queries leave your questions in the comment section below.