How to check your Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status
Steps to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank account
As per recent gazette notification from Ministry of Finance, Individuals are required to link Aadhaar number with all their bank accounts before 31st Dec 2017. Also, Aadhaar is required for all transactions for an amount of Rs 50,000 or above.
Linking bank account with Aadhaar
You can link your Aadhaar number to bank accounts in online and offline.
To link your Aadhaar with bank account in offline, you need to fill the Aadhaar to Bank Account linking Form and submit it to your bank. You can get this from your bank’s branch.
You can also use net banking to seed your Aadhaar number online. Login to the internet banking service of your bank and find the ‘Update Aadhaar Card’ option to enter Aadhaar details.
Steps to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked or not
1. Visit the www.uidai.gov.in website.
2. Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status‘ under “Aadhaar Services”.
3. Enter your Aadhaar number and security code. Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
4. Enter this OTP and click “Login”.
5. On the next screen, you will get the last bank account that has been linked with your Aadhaar number.