Employee provident fund in India is compulsory deduction for salaried working in organizations that are registered under the Employees’ Provident fund.
Every member should name a nominee(s) to receive the fund corpus in case he/she died prematurely.
Thus keeping your nomination details up to date is necessary to avoid any legal problems to your dear ones in future.
An EPF member can have more than one nominee; they can also have the option to fix the proportion for each nominee.
Employee should update/change their nomination details immediately after their marriage.
How To Change EPF Nomination Online Through UAN
1. You must log in at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Login with your UAN (Universal Account Number) and password.
3. The facility to change your nomination details can be accessed from the ‘Manage’ menu tab and then click on E-Nomination option.
4. All fields namely UAN, Member ID, Establishment ID, Name, Date of Birth, Father/ Spouse name, Relationship, Date of Joining, Gender, Marital Status will be auto-populated from database and these fields are non-editable. Only editable fields on this page are Address field. You need to provide your ‘Permanent Address’ in the relevant field and click save.
5. Next, You need to provide Family Declaration by selecting “Yes” or “No”. Click YES here to provide your family details like Nominee Name, Date of Birth, Relation, Address, Guardian (If required).
6. On the next step, you will get the option to assign the percentage of PF amount for each nominee. Total share for all the nominees in this section should add to 100%.
7. Finally, click on the ‘Save EPF Nomination’ button.
Aadhaar based e-Nomination facility
In order to verify your Nomination facility online, your Aadhaar number should have been linked with EPF UAN and your Date of Joining EPF Scheme should be available in the UAN.
Once your Aadhaar number is linked with UAN, you can then approve your e-Nomination through Aadhaar e-Sign facility.
1. Click on e-Sign button to generate OTP
2. Once the received OTP entered, your e-nomination gets registered with EPFO online.