HDFC Click 2 Protect 3D Plus-Online Term Insurance Plan Review
HDFC Click 2 Protect 3D Plus: Features, Benefits & Review
Recently, HDFC Life launched a new term insurance plan called “HDFC Life Click 2 Protect 3D Plus”. This plan is one of the ideal comprehensive protection plan in the market now with a choice of 9 plan options.
After the huge success of “HDFC Life’s Click 2 Protect Plus”, the company recently launched this new version with lots of features and benefits.
|All Options except Life Long Protection Option & 3D Life Long Protection Option||Life Long Protection Option &
3D Life Long Protection Option
|Min./Max Age at Entry||18 years / 65 years||25 years / 65 years|
|Min./Max Policy Term||5 years / 40 years||Whole of Life|
|Min./Max Age at Maturity||23 / 75||Whole of Life|
|Premium Payment Frequency||Single, Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly, Monthly||Annual, Semi-Annual,
The following plan options are available under this plan
1. Life Option – The nominee gets a lumpsum benefit on death or on diagnosis of critical illness. On accidental total permanent disability, all future premiums are waived
2. Extra life option – Apart from the benefits under Life Option, you gets an additional extra life sum assured on account of accident death.
3. 3D life option – Insurer will receive an additional benefit of waiver of the future all premiums upon diagnosis of Critical Illness.
4. Income option – The investor can select this option when he/she wants his nominee to get the lump sum benefit and an increasing stream of income in his absence. Additionally, all future premiums are waived in the case of accidental total permanent disability.
5. Extra life income option – All benefits available for income option are available for this option and this apart, an additional lumpsum amount and extra income benefit are paid in the case of death due to accident. All future premiums are waived in the case of accidental total permanent disability.
6. Income replacement option – The nominee is eligible to get 12 times increased monthly income by means of lump sum death benefit and is also able to receive level or increasing income stream. All future premiums are waived in the case of accidental total permanent disability.
7. Life long protection option – Under this option, the investor is protected for his entire life and the nominee is eligible to get a lumpsum benefit on the death of the investor on diagnosis of terminal illness. All future premiums are waived in the case of accidental total permanent disability.
8. Return of premium option – The investor is able to get back all premiums paid in case he survives till the end of the term of the policy. This apart, on death or on diagnosis of terminal illness during the term of the policy, the nominee is able to get a lumpsum benefit. All future premiums are waived in the case of accidental total permanent disability.
9. 3D Life long protection option – Similar to life long protection plan, Insurer will receive an additional benefit of waiver of future premiums upon diagnosis of Critical Illness.
- Life stage protection is an additional feature and the investor can increase the insurance cover on certain situations without any medical examination.
- This is applicable to all nine options
- As per this option, the investor can increase the basic sum assured without underwriting on any of the below mentioned events on the life of the investor.
- At the time of first marriage, 50 percent of the sum assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 50.00 lakhs
- On the birth of first child, 25 percent of the sum assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 25.00 lakhs
- On the birth of second child, 25 percent of the sum assured subject to a maximum of Rs. 25.00 lakhs
- During the above mentioned three events, the life assured should be less than 45 years of age
With many options and benefits, HDFC Life Click 2 Protect 3D Plus looks good on paper. Even though some option might look complex but it highly flexible product with wide choice of options. But keep in mind that each option will impact your cost. I would choose the basic version or the payout version. For other options it is always best to consult your financial planner as the Term insurance is a must to have in your financial portfolio to take care of financial needs to a very large extent in today’s life.