How To Change Your Personal Details In EPF Account
How to change or correct your personal details in EPF
EPF (Employee Provident Fund) is one of the best financial product for your retirement savings. Say someone is in Emergency and wants to take the Funds out from his or her EPF and Unfortunately claim gets rejected quoting mismatch in his or her name or other details. In such cases, even a small Mistake in the Credentials can cause you a lot of troubles. Let us take a look at the procedure by which one can change or correct personal details in EPF account.
Well, there are two ways to do that, you can do that offline or in online.
You will require a UAN Number for this. So let us take a look at What UAN is?
What is UAN?
UAN is a 12 digit Code allotted to each person who is contributing to EPF. UAN remains the same throughout the life of the Individual. It doesn’t get changed even when changing his or her Job. The employer, in case, doesn’t have UAN will have to appeal to the EPFO for generating the number along with the member identification number (ID). So now let us see the Procedure for changing EPF Details.
You should have UAN number, mobile number and password to login to UAN portal. EPFO UAN gives you freedom to Change your Credentials through Profile Section, although do note that it is possible only if your old mobile number is still active. If you have forgotten your Login Credentials, then you have to submit an online request through EPF UAN Helpdesk portal for help in this.
To change your Credentials through Offline mode, you need to do some paperwork. A single form to change your credentials like Name, Father or Spouse name, DOB etc. Just Submit a joint application through your employer, along with the supporting documents. The documents for Support can be any of the Following
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Voter Identity Card
- ESIC Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook Copy/ Post Office Passbook
- Copy of electricity/water/ telephone bill in the name of the claimant
- Any school/education related certificate
- Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth & Death
Once you have the application and supporting documents, you need to follow the below Steps.
- Download the change request form [This is joint declaration form].
- Fill your details including new changes.
- Sign this form and also get sign from your employer.
- Get your company seal.
- Attach the self-attested copy of proof
- Now, It is the responsibility of your employer to send the application to the regional PF office.
- Fill in the form that you will get correctly; this will include what you need to change as well.
Once it is approved and changed, your can view your details in UAN portal.