Aadhaar has become one of the most important documents these days which serves as a valid proof of address and identity when opening a bank account; it is required for all kinds of financial transactions and when availing the LPG subsidy and for PF disbursement and pension schemes etc. too.
Keeping in mind the increased use of Aadhaar card, the Government of India has made it mandatory for people to link Aadhaar card with their bank accounts, PAN card and India post bank savings accounts that further include your Post Office Deposits, PPF, National Savings Certificate (NSC), Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) and other banking services which are provided by India Post.
Steps to link Aadhaar Card with India Post Bank Account via India post branch
- Visit the nearest India post branch along with a copy of your Aadhaar card and bank passbook.
- Get Aadhaar linking form from the branch, fill it by inputting the essential details, enclose a copy of your Aadhaar card with the form and submit it to the branch.
- Upon submitting the duly filled application, you will receive an acknowledgment slip that will confirm your request to link your Aadhaar with your India Post Bank Account
- Once your application will be processed by the bank, you will get a notification via SMS on your registered mobile number.
Steps to link Aadhaar Card with India Post Bank Account via India post ATM
- Visit the nearest India post ATM.
- Swipe your ATM/debit card and enter the PIN no. to authenticate the account.
- Once the ATM machine accepts your card, go to the “Other service” option and select “Aadhaar Seeding”.
- Enter your 12-digit UAN/Aadhaar number.
- Tick on the box to accept terms and click “Submit”.
- After which you will receive an acknowledgment slip that confirms your request.
Steps to link Aadhaar Card with India Post Bank Account via India post Internet banking
- To begin the process, log on to your internet banking account using your User ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking” on the home page.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the asked field and click on “confirm”.
- Select the savings account for which the Aadhaar number has to be linked.
- This will confirm your request. To inquire about whether your Aadhaar number update request has been accepted or rejected, you can click on “Inquiry” option on the homepage of the website.
Linking your Aadhaar card with all your bank accounts or India post bank accounts has been made mandatory by the government for almost all of the financial transactions. Any sort of negligence in this regard may lead to account blocking. So by now if you have not linked your Aadhaar card with your India post bank accounts, you need to do it right away by following any of the aforementioned methods. These are safe, secure and time-saving ways to get your Aadhaar Number linked to your India Post Account.