5 simple steps to upload your important documents in DigiLocker
Recently, Indian Government has launched a digital service called “DIGILocker“, to help the Indian resident’s to digitally store important documents like PAN card, Marksheets, certificates etc with dedicated storage space, everything will be linked to Aadhaar Number.
The main advantage of “DIGILocker”, is to minimise the use of physical documents in Govt. agencies. This service is maintained by Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India. Currently the users will get 1GB of storage space.
5 simple steps to upload your documents in DigiLocker
1. For sign-up, users need to have a valid Aadhaar number, they will have two options for user authentication (“OTP” or “Fingerprint”) for registration.
2. After registration in DigiLocker, one can start uploading documents in the “My
3. Users need to select a document type from the drop-down list, such as SSC Certificate, HSC Certificate, PAN card, Voter ID card, etc.
4. Upload the scanned document from your local system. File size should not be more than 1mb. Currently pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp and gif file types are allowed to upload.
5. Provide a name and fill-up other important details relevant to the uploaded document.
If you have any doubts regarding DigiLocker, kindly leave your comments. We would try our level best to address those.