How to correct your name [Name Corrections] in Aadhaar card online?
Aadhaar card offers citizens of India an easy and fool-proof method of establishing identities and to provide secure access to government services and benefits like Applying Passport, Opening new bank account, Investing mutual funds online, Opening NPS account etc.
Any resident with a mobile number can update/change their name using UIDAI website. Resident with a mobile number can easily update their profile like Name, Gender, DOB, Address or Mobile Number with the following simple steps.
Simple steps to name corrections in Aadhaar card
Step 1: Login with Aadhaar number using https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Step 2: After entering Aadhaar number, click on “Send OTP”
Step 3: Enter One Time Password received on your registered mobile number
Step 4: Enter the Text verification code and then you will be taken to the main screen.
Step 5: Select the field for update and fill new data for update
Step 6: Finally, you need to upload the related proofs depending on the field to be updated by attaching original scanned (with color scanner) copies of supporting documents.
Valid documents for name corrections/change
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- PAN Card
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage
- Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar
- Gazette Notification
- Marriage Certificate
- Legal Name Change Certificate
Please note that for above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy of the documents must be taken along with the Resident’s photo.