Major features of new Rs 2,000 note in India
The new 2,000 notes are out now in India.
A close look at the major features of newly launched Rs. 2,000 note.
New Magenta colored 2,000 notes will be in the size of 66mm x 166mm
New Mahatma Gandhi 2,000 denomination series will have the signature of Governor Urjit Patel with the year of printing ‘2016’ printed
Portrait of the Mahatma Gandhi on the front side of the note and image of Mangalayan printed on the backside
For visually impaired there few additional features added like Seven angular bleed lines printed on the sides of the note, Intaglio printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait and identity rectangle with Rs.2,000 in raised print on right side of the note.
Front side features of new 2,000 note
1. See through register where the numeral denomination 2000 can be seen when this new note is held against any light.
2. Underlying image of numeral 2000 can be seen when this note is held at 45 degree angle
3. 2000 denomination in Devnagari language २०००
4. Micro letters of ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’ on the left side of the note
5. Mahatma Gandhi Portrait at the centre of the note
6. Windowed security thread with colour shift. Thread color changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Far right, Ashoka Pillar emblem at the bottom and Mahatma Gandhi portrait and 2000 denomination as watermarked
8. Seven angular bleed lines on right and left side in raised print
Back side features of new 2,000 note
1. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan on the left side
2. Motif of Mars Mangalayan orbit on the centre
Other Posts You May Also Like To Read