Simple steps to change your EPF nomination in UAN online portal
Employee provident fund in India is compulsory deduction for salaried working in organizations that are registered under the Employees’ Provident fund. Every member should name a nominee(s) to receive the fund corpus in case he/she died prematurely. Thus keeping your nomination details up to date is necessary to avoid any legal problems to your dear ones in future.
An EPF member can have more than one nominee; they can also have the option to fix the proportion for each nominee. Employee should update/change their nomination details immediately after their marriage.
Recent UAN number allow portability of PF accounts from one employer to another employer for withdrawal of EPF balance, nomination changes, checking your EPF balance etc.
How To Change EPF Nomination Online Through UAN
1. You must log in at http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in
2. Member has to login with UAN (Universal Account Number) with password
3. Through the UAN dashboard, the facility to change your nomination details can be accessed from the link Edit Nomination Details under the tab profile -> edit nomination
4. All fields namely UAN, Member ID, Establishment ID, Name, Date of Birth, Father/ Spouse name, Relationship, Date of Joining, Gender, Marital Status will be auto-populated from database and these fields are non-editable. Only editable fields on this page are Permanent Address and Present Address. To update any of these address click at the Update
5. On clicking the “UPDATE” button, the following screen will appear. Here family members’ details can be entered/edited.
6. Family details would be prepopulated on the EPF/EDLI section, with option to edit/remove/add. You will get the option to assign the percentage of PF amount for each nominee. Total share for all the nominees in this section should add to 100%.
7. In next step, Pension Nominee details allowed only for those members who do not have family members. These members can nominate someone else to receive the pension amount after their death. Next, member needs to click “Nomination declaration check box” to generate the nomination pdf. Once checking the generated pdf option – click on “submit to employer for approval” button, the system automatically submit this form to the employer for his approval or rejection.
Finally, you required to take printout and sign the generated PDF and submit this to your employer. They will verify the nomination details to approve or reject your nomination details.
If you have any doubts regarding Online EPF Nomination changes through UAN portal, kindly leave as comment. We would try our level best to address those.